Sunday, October 21, 2012


Family Project!

We are starting a new theme called “We’re a Family!”  I am very excited about our new theme as we will discuss, learn about and explore families and their relationships.  I am sending this note to tell you about an exciting project I have planned for your family!  This family project will be due in 2 weeks (November 5th).  Here is the outline of the family project:
You will be creating a family tree.  You may use whatever you want to create the tree (paper, video, poster, pictures, etc.)


  • Your family tree must contain AT LEAST your immediate family, or members of your household.
  • Your family tree must contain AT LEAST the names of family members (you can also include pictures, or drawings)
  • Please put your family members in an order that demonstrates each generation. See below:










  • What I want is for the kids to understand  that they are connected to people who came from other places and  lived in the past where life was somewhat different. 
  • Students will be presenting their projects to the class (if you are not comfortable with that please let me know and I will just view it myself and give it a grade).
  • I'm looking forward to seeing the creative projects that you will be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment